Commentary: Research

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:56 pm

Reichu wrote:I've never heard someone using various artiodactyl-related terms in such a manner... What did the ladies use on the guys? "Oh, hart of my heart!"

Heh, beats me. Though in all honesty, personally I think that a lot of more contemporary terms of endearment are kinda weird...I mean, look at something like "baby." What's supposed to be romantic about being called that? Or, going back a ways, there's the old cliche "my little chickadee" and the like...none of 'em make any sense to me, heh.

That's certainly a relief... Does that mean you're allowed to make dirty jokes, too?

Well, then there's the whole matter of treating the subject area with some measure of dignity...but I ain't even gonna bother. Image

I heard that you can use the Bible to prove just about any viewpoint you want... I'll have to read it myself some time just to see how true this is. I remember when my sister went through her paperback copy and highlighted everything that was divergent from the Bible Belt viewpoint or otherwise inconsistent. Then, this is the same sister who scared the Jehova's Witnesses away by offering to exchange information about her own religion with them.

Well, if you selectively quote it you can, but you can do that with anything...if you're talking to someone who knows the entire Bible and has studied it, you really can't; unfortunately, there are very few "Christians" who have done that. Doing what your sister did isn't exactly hard, seeing as "mainstream" Christianity has largely departed from the Bible over time...for instance, on the whole "women as inferiors" bit, I quoted the passage from Genesis recently which referred to Eve as a "compliment" of Adam, not a subordinate: anyone who claims to be a Christian and views women as inferiors isn't thinking Biblically. And that's just one example...

Anyways, I'll hafta find those scriptures, since I can't recall where they are offa the top of my head...

Originally posted on: 05.30.2004, 10:53 PM

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:56 pm

Why did this thread drift away, it's relevent, and enjoyable(for me anyway)? :bump:

Originally posted on: 03.02.2005, 10:57 PM

Jinpun [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jinpun [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:56 pm

Magami No ER wrote:Why did this thread drift away, it's relevent, and enjoyable(for me anyway)? :bump:

*cough* Because I am lazy and have been slacking on my research responsibilities. Gomenasai! Image

Originally posted on: 03.02.2005, 10:59 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:56 pm

That's okay. I've been slacking on pretty much ALL my responsibilities.

Originally posted on: 03.02.2005, 11:12 PM

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”