What is the best way to watch all the Eva episodes?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:34 pm

Hey CX you have some Excorsist $hit going on in your house?lol.J/k. :lol:
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:37 pm

how does my brother acting like a baka have anything to do with the exorcist?? you mind works in strange ways my friend
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:52 pm

Yes it does (Thought) If I breed my hedgchog and my monkey together ill call it my hegakey(end thought)
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:54 pm

:shock: :shock:
very strange ways
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:19 pm

i am assuming you guys know each other in the actual world...
and you guys actually felt the need to go to the bathroom? i was so caught up in the story that i forgot about it entirely...

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:34 pm

we don't know each other but could arrange for it to know each other because he lives in glendale AZ and i live in Litchfield Park AZ which is very close to each other.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:31 pm

We probily have met and didnt know each other? Thats happend to me on the net before.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:12 pm

that would be funny if that happened.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:26 pm

thank god no one here lives in LA, CA...well...not everyone...
but with eva, i think it is best to watch D&R because it really helps tie some things together...

Gilgamesh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gilgamesh » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:53 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:I dont trust over the Internet buying. Somthin always goes wrong.

That's really not true. I love Internet shopping. Here in rural West Virginia, it's the only way to buy good anime and manga anyways, plus the prices are better if you go to http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/ or even http://www.amazon.com/ rather than some other website. For the most part, anyways.

I've only had about three orders screw up on me yet, and I've bought tons of stuff on the Internet and I plan to buy even more tons of stuff in the near future.
A person...is a shadow which we can never penetrate, of which there can be no such thing as direct knowledge, with respect to which we form countless beliefs, based upon words and sometimes actions, neither of which can give us anything but inadequate and as it proves contradictory information-a shadow behind which we can alternately imagine, with equal justification, that there burns the flame of hatred and of love.
-Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:36 pm

Ill seriously think about buying over the internet because I cant wait for all these over priced crap at Samuri comics to go discount. It was 30 bucks for a freaking stuffed animal thingy of Rei!

~I visite family members in L.A. at least 2 times a year. :arrow: :)

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

Re: What is the best way to watch all the Eva episodes?

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:42 pm

ChronoX wrote:Since i will soon be getting my perfect collection with the directors cut episodes, i was wondering, what is the best way to watch them?

I don't necessarily recommend it, but I personally did it Misato style. I went to a Japanese grocery store and laid in a supply of Sapporo Yebisu, and made sure to always drink it while watching.

I found it helped me relate to the character. I guess coffee and cigarettes would encourage you to see the show from Ritsuko's perspective.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:25 pm

i should have put that i can't find the beer and even if i could im underage. if i was in italy or france, that would be a different story but i can't drink, but will try to remember that to try in 7 years
although i could try with coffe to see from ritsuko's POV but i doubt that i wuold sleep for a while

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:27 pm

Red bull Gives you wings to watch eva all night long. :lol:

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:39 pm

Seriously, if you affordyourself some kind of an escape from the series, it cannot hold the same weight as an equivalent reality would. Continuous, non-stop viewing is the only way to go if you want to get that "the show ended just as the sun rose and all was right with the world" experience.

Of course, if you've already watched the series following some oher pattern, this is completely meaningless for you.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:30 pm

(drool) ummm Hex can you rephrase that? Todays friday and I have my brain set on useing 1/4 of brain activity. Its not working at anywhere near normal. domo :mrgreen:

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:35 pm

The best way to watch all the eva eps is to watch them in the dark in an empty house with the volume on the tv turned up. This way you don't miss the little details I did watching EoE for the first time.

I totaly missed Asuka's mother talking to her in the entry plug.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:18 pm

volume way up? are you kidding me? my neighbors would kill me, my parents would kill me, and the noise would probably kill my speakers...
but the coffee idea might work...really...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:32 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:volume way up? are you kidding me? my neighbors would kill me, my parents would kill me, and the noise would probably kill my speakers...
but the coffee idea might work...really...

Exacally how I would respond. lol. I want to here it blasted on my SRS

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:39 pm

er...SRS surround...sound?
i dont have an entire free day anymore though...sigh...

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”